Still Life

May. 18th, 2012 09:01 pm
inshadowsandlight: darking: IN UR INKBLOTZ HAVIN FUNFUNFUN  WITH UR PSYCHE (Default)
[personal profile] inshadowsandlight
I have never felt so isolated as I did today while trying to fill out paperwork for a government background check. They ask for three good friends, roommates, co-workers, etc. who can vouch for what you over the last five years, not including relatives. I am happy with my isolation in general, but trying to come up with three "good" friends where I knew both the address and phone number was the hardest part of the 2 or so hours I spent on the paperwork. (And I still ended up using aunts.) 80% of my social interaction is with relatives, and the other 20% about evenly split between internet acquaintances and classmates/coworkers. I don't know anyone's address, even people I talk to and have phone numbers for, and I am not asking for someone's address so that I can provide it to the government for a background check.

Making stupid government forms easier to fill out is a stupid reason to wish I had closer friends, when I never feel that way until I am confronted with something like this.
From:
Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

 
Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.

Profile

inshadowsandlight: darking: IN UR INKBLOTZ HAVIN FUNFUNFUN  WITH UR PSYCHE (Default)
inshadowsandlight

August 2012

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415 161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 23rd, 2017 08:53 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios